Microsoft Office 365 still provides you with access to Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook from the desktop but now its powered by the cloud ensuring you’ll always have access to the most up-to-date best-in-class tools. Integration with OneDrive for Business and SharePoint Online allow documents and files to be co-created, edited and shared over any device from anywhere, while embedded security controls provide you the peace of mind that comes from knowing data is controlled and secured.
Office 365 applications are housed locally on the endpoint and in the Cloud allowing you to access your data when and wherever you want over any operating system be it Windows, Android or iOS and over any device. Users benefit from a consistent optimised experience across up to five devices and can roam between them, switching from one device to another to access the document they were last working on right where they left off. Synchronisation also prevents conflicted document versions, allowing co-creation with colleagues and freeing the user to work from anywhere.
Office 365 is now a cloud first, mobile first service which enables Microsoft to rapidly innovate and roll-out new feature sets to continually improve its productivity tools. Applications are both web-enabled and accessible via the cloud.
Improvements to the core applications over Office 365 include:
Office 365 applications now benefit from embedded security and support provided via the Office365 Trust Center.
Inbuilt security features include:
• Data Loss Prevention (DLP) – reduces the risk of data leakage across Word, Powerpoint, Excel and Outlook
• Multi-factor authentication – ensures corporate network access is handled securely even when you’re out and about
• Information Rights Management (IRM) – encrypts data at rest or in transit
• Mobile Device Management (MDM) – provides support for all mobile devices in keeping with BYOD policies
• eDiscovery – finds, protects, preserves and transfers up-to-date content from one central point
• Compliance Center – meets legal, regulatory and organisational needs from one dashboard
Regular automated updates and feature releases ensure your applications remain secure with deferment options and reminders to allow installation at a time convenient to the user