Head of Software Development/Team Leader
Main Purpose of Job
To develop software applications for customers of Adept4 and to support internal Adept4 work in order to meet customer requirements.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Development of bespoke software applications delivering quality for customers.
- Investigation and resolution of application functionality related issues
- Provision of Technical Support and troubleshooting of Client applications
- Assisting other members of the team with development issues
- Identifying improvements in development methodologies and technologies.
- Take responsibility for the development of individual work items
- Ensuring that documentation and record keeping is accurate and up to date including call log, software logs, issues logs, Autotask and any other appropriate to role.
- Adhering to software development best-practices & technical standards as provided.
Skills and Attributes
- Knowledge of software development techniques and languages, in particular:
- Dependency Inject (using Unity)
- MS SQL Server
- Technical experience with systems networking, relational databases, web development and user support.
- Ability to quickly assimilate knowledge of new IT systems and processes.
- Competent use of Microsoft Operating Systems
- Competent use of Microsoft Office products such as Word and Excel
- Team working
- Customer Focus
- Analytical problem solving silks
- Communication skills (written and verbal, internally and externally)
- Professionalism (including ability to be discrete handling sensitive data.
- Commercial Awareness (including awareness of business-wide impact of role, ability to prioritise effectively)
General (for all staff)
- Adherence to the technical standard of your role
- Adherence to behavioural competencies of the company
- Adherence to company shared values
- Compliance with company policies
- Adherence to timesheet and Autotask rules
- Attendance at project meetings, staff meetings, other meetings as required
- Responsibility for maintaining awareness of and identifying operational and regulatory risk related to your role, which may impact the company.
- Responsibility for reporting to line manager any risks identified, in a timely and appropriate manner.
- Responsibility for maintaining awareness of information security principles, policies and procedures and ensuring these are followed on a daily basis.
- Responsibility for reporting any suspicions, security concerns and/or breaches of security in a timely and appropriate manner.
- Other duties as may reasonably be required