The primary role of New Business Sales is to prospect for new clients by networking, identifying new opportunities, advertising or other means of generating interest from potential clients. They must then plan persuasive approaches and sales pitches that will convince potential clients to do business with the company.
They must develop a rapport with new clients, and key partners and develop mutually beneficial relationships that will drive new sales. Where appropriate, they are also required to grow and retain these new business accounts by presenting new solutions and services to clients. Candidates need to demonstrate that they are able to work with mid and senior level management and technical staff.
Strategic planning is a key part of this role, since it is the New Business Sales person’s responsibility to develop the pipeline of new business coming into the company. This requires a thorough knowledge of the market, the solutions/services the company can provide, and of the industry competitors.
The main duties of the New Business Sales person are as follows:
- Prospect for potential new clients developing into increased business.
- Seek new opportunities as appropriate within specific vertical market or geographic area to ensure a robust pipeline of opportunities.
- Meet potential clients by growing, maintaining, and leveraging your network.
- Identify potential clients, and the decision makers within the client organization.
- Research and build relationships with new clients
- Set up meetings with client decision makers and company’s practice leaders
- Plan approaches and pitches.
- Work with Presales teams to develop proposals that speaks to the client’s needs, concerns, and objectives.
- Participate in pricing the solution/service.
- Handle objections by clarifying, emphasizing agreements and working through differences to a positive conclusion.
- Use a variety of styles to persuade or negotiate appropriately.
- Present new products and services and enhance existing relationships.
- Work with technical staff and other internal teams to meet customer needs.
- Present to and consult with mid and senior level management on business trends with a view to developing new services, products, and distribution channels.
- Identify opportunities for campaigns, services, and distribution channels that will lead to an increase in sales.
- Using knowledge of the market and competitors, identify and develop the company’s unique selling propositions and differentiators.
Other Skills and Qualifications
Background in IT Solution, Networking, Persuasion, Prospecting, Public Speaking, Research, Writing, Closing Skills, Motivation for Sales, Prospecting Skills, Sales Planning, Identification of Customer Needs and Challenges, Meeting Sales Goals, Professionalism, CRM, and Microsoft Office
If you're interested in applying for this role, please email firstname.lastname@example.org